When you commence your search for Occupational therapy Assistant schools in Jacinto City, TX, you are going to soon realize that there has never been a better time for you to go after a career as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects jobs in this particular field to grow by 43% over the 10 year period 2010-2020, this means over 12,000 new Occupational Therapy Assistant jobs! The better news is the fact that the median Occupational Therapy Assistant income is greater than $53,000 yearly making it among the best paying medical-related occupations that does not call for a Bachelor’s Degree.
Occupational Therapy Schools in Jacinto City, TX
The initial step toward a career as an OTA is finding the right Occupational Therapy Program. There are currently nearly 200 accredited occupational therapy schools in the US and Puerto Rico and almost all of the schools accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) offer Occupational Therapist Assistant degrees and Master’s Degrees, with many also offering Doctoral degrees. Before you decide to jump in to select a school, it is very important to think about all of your options to make sure you find an Occupational Therapy school that satisfies all your needs.
Details You Should Consider When Choosing an Occupational Therapy School
Accreditation by the ACOTE is recommended because you will be certain you will be taught the full range of competencies necessary to be a certified OTA.
Occupational Therapy Assistants assist patients on a wide variety of health concerns and disorders so it is important that your schooling is very extensive instead of too focused on a particular discipline.
Another important component you should look at is the clinical training experience. This is the practical training, it is where you will interact with actual patients and put your knowledge to use. Some schools dedicate significantly more time on your actual laboratory experience in comparison to other schools. In situations where your training program is not devoting a considerable amount of time with clinical teaching, make sure to find out why.
Something else to also consider is the class sizes. The size of your class can vary significantly from college to college. Make sure to find out the class sizes at all of schools you are looking at. Remember, the smaller the classes , the more one-on-one time you will get with the instructors.
Taking Occupational Therapy Classes Online do not work for each individual student. Nevertheless, for some online classes can relieve some of the burdens of being a full time student. Job and family members are sometimes pushed aside as students pursue their education and online classes provide some flexibility to a busy schedule.
The final detail you might want to check out before choosing an Occupational Therapy School is the rate of the schools you are considering. Make sure you find out how many people graduate from the program, what their comments were, and how many of them have gone on to become Occupational Therapy Assistants.
Featured Occupational Therapy Schools in Jacinto City, TX
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)-General Program
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Career Counseling
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
- Does the Human Mind Fascinate You? Study Psychology! Choose Your Degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in General Psychology
- Master of Science in Psychology with an Emphasis in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Convenient online program options available for the master's and bachelor's degree.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and find the degree that is right for you!
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Trauma
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
What to Expect in OTA School
Normally the course work is roughly 2 years, with the first year consisting of primarily class-room training and with the second year spent working on hands on lessons in a medical center or private medical practice. Some of the course work a student will likely need to take involves pediatrics, gerontology, healthcare terms, and physical therapy. All States that require licensure simply want a 2 year degree. A Bachelor’s Degree shall be required if you intend on becoming a full Occupational Therapist, but the truth is you will find that the majority of Occupational Therapist began their careers as Assistants and received their Bachelor’s Degrees a few years later.
Following graduation, those prepared to start their careers need to become certified as an occupational therapist assistant. Each State has its own guidelines and regulations which are governed by an occupational therapy board, with many being private and some run by the State exclusively. In Wisconsin, licensing is controlled by the Bureau of Health Professions Department of Regulation and Licensing. Even though every State is different, there are a number of requirements that are common among most of them and include the following.
Any person seeking an occupational therapy assistant license is required to be a U.S. citizen, must have a social security number and must have taken and passed acceptable college course work as well as taken and passed the NBCOT exam.
Every State requires a federal background check , however convictions are not necessarily automatic grounds for dismissal. Certain States may consider processing an occupational therapy license if a written affidavit is turned in to clarify the circumstances of the conviction. Additional circumstances including time period and nature of the crime may be reviewed and be taken into consideration to approve licensure .
Each State will have an Occupational Therapy Assistant licensing package that is going to include several forms to fill out. Never purchase these forms from a third party since they can be found online from many legitimate web sites. It is advised to take a very in depth look through the paper work before trying to complete them. There will be official transcripts necessary; notarized signatures and many States will need you to include a fingerprint card that can be completed at a local police station.
Job Environment for Occupational Therapy Assistants
An OTA will work with an assortment of patients which have needs which can be different compared to the previous patient. You might be working in an outpatient clinic with children that happen to have food or texture aversions or a hospital rehabilitation facility working with a middle age patient with psychological and mental struggles . Although an occupational therapy assistant has numerous job skills, a few of the basics such as following direction, keeping up to date with the most recent techniques and implementing and applying the available technology are extremely important. Finally, a COTA should also be reasonably physically fit, since you will encounter many instances of moving patients around, such as from a bed to a wheel chair.
If this looks like a career your interested in, then take a few minutes and fill out the search form at the top of this page. You will be shown a list of schools near Jacinto City, TX that offer Occupational Therapy Assistant classes. Request information from as many schools as you’d like, and good luck in your future career!
Occupational Therapy Schools in Jacinto City, TX reviewed by Jeremiah SANCHEZ on June 17.
Very Helpful Site
Thank You for creating such an informative website. I was able to find a lot of info about the various schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my classes and can’t wait to work as an OTA.