After you begin your search for Occupational therapy Assistant schools in Baraboo, WI, you will probably quickly discover that there has never been a better time for you to undertake a career as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts jobs in this industry to grow by 43% over the 10 year period 2010-2020, this equates to over 12,000 new Occupational Therapy Assistant jobs! The better news is the fact that the average Occupational Therapy Assistant wage is over $53,000 annually which makes it amongst the highest paying medical-related occupations that does not require a Four Year Degree.
Occupational Therapy Schools in Baraboo, WI
The initial step toward a career as an OTA is selecting the right Occupational Therapy School. There are presently just about 200 accredited occupational therapy schools in the United States and Puerto Rico and almost all of the schools accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) offer Occupational Therapist Assistant degrees and Master’s Degrees, with many also offering Doctoral degrees. Before you decide to dive in and choose a school, it is very important to analyze all of the options and make sure you find an Occupational Therapy training program that meets all your requirements.
Items You Should Consider When Deciding On an Occupational Therapy School
Accreditation by the ACOTE is important because you will be assured you will be taught the full range of skills required to be a certified OTA.
Occupational Therapy Assistants work with patients on a wide variety of issues and disorders so it is very important that your course work is very wide-ranging and not too concentrated on a particular discipline.
Another very important component you must consider is the clinical teaching experience. This is the practical training, and this is when you are going to interact with real patients and put your knowledge to use. Some schools dedicate considerably more time on your actual clinical experience when compared to the others. In cases where your school is not spending a considerable amount of time with clinical training, make sure to ask why.
Something else to consider is the class size. The size of may vary significantly from school to school. Make an effort to find out the class sizes at the schools you are considering. Bear in mind, the smaller the class size , the more one-on-one teaching that you receive with the teachers.
Taking Occupational Therapy Classes Online may not work for each individual student. Nevertheless, for some online training can alleviate several of the burdens of being a full time student. Jobs and family are often times driven aside while students undertake their training and online classes can provide a little flexibility to a busy life.
The last factor you want to examine before selecting an Occupational Therapy School is the rate of the schools you are considering. Make sure that you find out how many students graduate from the program, what their reviews were, and how many of them have gone to become Occupational Therapy Assistants.
Suggested Occupational Therapy Schools in Baraboo, WI
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)-General Program
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Career Counseling
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Cortiva Institute School of Massage Therapy's innovative program will help you learn the art of massage therapy and introduce you to a range of career opportunities. Through a holistic approach to education, you'll be well-trained to work in clinics, hospitals, health clubs, spas, with sport teams, or to start a private practice.
Classes start November 13!
What to Expect in OTA School
Generally the course work is roughly 24 months, with the first year consisting of primarily classroom training and with the second year spent carrying out hands on learning in a medical facility or private medical practice. Some of the course work a student will need to take involves pediatrics, gerontology, healthcare terminology, and physical rehab. All States that require licensure simply want a two year degree. A Bachelor’s Degree will be necessary if you intend on becoming a full Occupational Therapist, however you will find that a majority of Occupational Therapist launched their careers as Assistants and earned their Bachelor’s Degrees a couple of years later.
Licensing Information and Facts
Following graduation, those ready to get started on their careers have to become certified as an occupational therapist assistant. Every State has its own policies and specifications that are governed by an occupational therapy board, with a few being private while others are run by the State exclusively. In Wisconsin, licensing is administrated by the Bureau of Health Professions Department of Regulation and Licensing. Even though each State is different, there are a number of requirements that are common among most of them and can include the following.
A person seeking an occupational therapy assistant certificate is required to be a U.S. citizen, will need to have a social security number and must have taken and completed applicable college course work and also taken and passed the NBCOT exam.
Every State requires a federal background check , but convictions are not necessarily immediate grounds for dismissal. A handful of States may consider processing an occupational therapy license if a written affidavit is turned in to explain the circumstances of the conviction. Additional circumstances including time frame and nature of the criminal offense may be evaluated and be considered to approve licensure .
Every State will provide an Occupational Therapy Assistant licensure packet that is going to contain a number of forms to complete. Do not purchase these forms from a third party since they can be accessed online from many trustworthy websites. It is important to take a very comprehensive look through the paper work before trying to complete them. You might have official transcripts wanted; notarized signatures and many States will require you to complete a fingerprint card which can be completed at a local police station.
Workplace for Occupational Therapy Assistants
An OTA works with a variety of patients which have needs that will be different in comparison to the previous patient. You could be employed in an outpatient facility with toddlers who have food or texture aversions or perhaps a hospital rehabilitation center working with a middle age patient with psychological and mental struggles . Although an occupational therapy assistant has numerous job skills, some of the basics like following direction, keeping up to date with the most recent techniques and learning and applying the available technology are the most important. Finally, a COTA must also be somewhat physically fit, as there will be several instances of moving patients around, such as from a bed to a wheel chair.
If this sounds like a career your interested in, then take a few minutes and visit the search form at the top of this page. You will be shown a list of training programs near Baraboo, WI that offer Occupational Therapy Assistant training. Request information from as many schools as you’d like, and good luck in your future career!
Occupational Therapy Schools in Baraboo, WI reviewed by Kayla WAGNER on June 4.
Thank You for sharing such an informative website. I was able to find great info about the OTA schools in my area and chose one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my classes and can’t wait to work as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.