After you begin your search for Occupational therapy Assistant schools in Beeville, TX, you will soon find that there has never been a better time for you to go after a career as an Occupational Therapy Assistant. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects jobs in this particular industry to expand by 43% over the ten year period 2010-2020, this means over 12,000 new Occupational Therapy Assistant jobs! The better news is the fact that the average Occupational Therapy Assistant wage is greater than $53,000 per year which makes it among the highest paying health care vocations that does not require a Four Year Degree.
Occupational Therapy Schools in Beeville, TX
The first step towards a career as an OTA is determining the right Occupational Therapy School. There are at this time almost two hundred accredited occupational therapy schools in the US and Puerto Rico and most of the schools accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) offer Occupational Therapist Assistant degrees and Master’s Degrees, with many also offering Doctoral degrees. Before you jump in to pick a school, it is important to consider all of your options to make sure you locate an Occupational Therapy training program that matches all your requirements.
Things You Should Consider When Selecting an Occupational Therapy School
Accreditation by the ACOTE is important because you will be confident that you will learn about the full range of techniques needed to be a knowledgeable OTA.
Occupational Therapy Assistants work with patients on a wide variety of ailments and disorders making it important that your training is very diverse rather then too concentrated on a particular area of specialization.
Another really important feature you should look at is the clinical training experience. This is the practical training, it is when you are going to interact with actual patients and put your abilities to use. Some schools apply considerably more time on your actual practical training compared to other schools. In cases where your school is not investing large amounts of time with clinical training, make sure to ask why.
Something else to think about is the class size. The size of the classes will vary considerably from college to college. Make sure that you find out the class sizes at all the schools you are looking at. Remember, the smaller the classes , the more one-on-one instruction that you receive with the teachers.
Taking Occupational Therapy Classes Online do not work for each individual student. However, for many people online courses can alleviate some of the burdens of being a full time student. Jobs and family are sometimes driven aside as students carry on their schooling and online classes may offer a little flexibility to a busy schedule.
The last issue you should look at before selecting an Occupational Therapy School is the graduation rate of the training programs you are evaluating. Make sure that you find out how many trainees complete the program, what their assessments were, and how many of them have gone on to become Occupational Therapy Assistants.
Featured Occupational Therapy Schools in Beeville, TX
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Prevention
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- And more...
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)-General Program
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Career Counseling
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- MS in Psychology - Addictions
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years.
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Master of Science) - Online
- Rehabilitation Sciences (Certificate) - Online
- Sports Counseling (Certificate) - Online
- Bachelor of Arts in Substance Abuse Counseling
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
The Texas Center for Massage Therapy is a member of the Steiner Education Group, which is a subsidiary of Steiner Leisure Limited, a global provider of spa services. Steiner Leisure Limited operates more than 175 spas and salons on cruise ships and at resorts worldwide. Steiner spas recruit from the Steiner Education Group schools.
Classes start November 13!
What to Expect in OTA School
Normally the course work is about 2 years, with the first year consisting of predominantly classroom instruction and with the second year spent going through hands on instruction in a hospital or private care office. Some of the course work a student will have to take involves pediatrics, gerontology, healthcare terminology, and physical rehab. All States that require licensure simply require a 2 year degree. A Bachelor’s Degree will be necessary if you plan on becoming a full Occupational Therapist, but you will find that almost all Occupational Therapist launched their careers as Assistants and earned their Bachelor’s Degrees several years later.
Licensing Information and Facts
Following graduation, those prepared to get started with their careers have to become certified as an OTA. Each State has its own policies and specifications that will be governed by an occupational therapy board, with a few being private while others are run by the State exclusively. In Texas, licensing is administered by the Texas Executive Council of PT & OT Examiners. Though every State is different, there are a number of requirements which happen to be common among many of them and can include the following.
An individual seeking an occupational therapy assistant certificate is required to be a U.S. citizen, will need to have a social security number and must have taken and passed applicable college course work as well as taken and passed the NBCOT exam.
Each State requires a federal background check , although convictions are not always immediate grounds for dismissal. A number of States may consider processing an occupational therapy license in a case where a written affidavit is filed to describe the circumstances of the conviction. Other factors including time and nature of the crime may be examined and be considered to approve licensure .
Each State will provide an Occupational Therapy Assistant licensing kit that is going to contain several forms to fill out. Never purchase these forms from a third party since they can be accessed online from many trustworthy internet sites. It is advised to take a very comprehensive look through the forms before attempting to complete them. You might have official transcripts wanted; notarized signatures and several States will require you to complete a fingerprint card that can be completed at a local police station.
Workplace for Occupational Therapy Assistants
An OTA works with a variety of patients that have needs which may be totally different compared to the previous patient. You may be working for an outpatient facility with infants that have food or texture aversions or perhaps a hospital rehabilitation center working with a middle age patient with psychological struggles . Although an occupational therapy assistant has a variety of job skills, a few of the basics including following direction, keeping up to date with the most current techniques and learning and employing the available technologies are extremely important. Finally, a COTA also needs to be somewhat physically fit, because you will have numerous instances of moving patients around, for example from a bed to a wheel chair.
If this sounds like the career for you, then take a few minutes to visit the search form at the top of this page. You will be shown a list of schools near Beeville, TX that offer Occupational Therapy Assistant classes. Request information from as many schools as you’d like, and good luck in your future career!
Occupational Therapy Schools in Beeville, TX reviewed by Chase BENNETT on June 16.
Terrific Source of Info
Thank You for sharing such an informative website. I was able to get great info about the various schools in my area and chose one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my classes and can’t wait to become an Occupational Therapist.