After you begin your search for Occupational therapy Assistant schools in Rialto, CA, you should soon find that there has never been a better time to pursue a career as an OTA. The U .S . Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts jobs in this industry to expand by 43% over the 10 year period 2010-2020, this equals over 12,000 new Occupational Therapy Assistant jobs! The even better news is the fact that the average Occupational Therapy Assistantwages is over $53,000 per year making it amongthe best paying health care vocations that does not call for a University Degree.
Occupational Therapy Schools in Rialto, CA
The initial step toward a career as an OTA is finding the right Occupational Therapy Training Program. There are at this time approximately two hundred accredited occupational therapy schools in the United States and Puerto Rico and most of the schools accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) offer Occupational Therapist Assistant degrees and Master’s Degrees, with many also offering Doctoral degrees. Before you dive in to select a training program, be sure that you consider all of the options and make certain you find an Occupational Therapy school thatsuits all your preferences.
Details You Must Consider When Choosing an Occupational Therapy School
Accreditation by the ACOTE is important because you can be certain that you will be taught the full array of competencies necessary to be a certified OTA.
Occupational Therapy Assistants assist patients on a wide array of health conditions and disorders therefore it is imperative that yourschooling is very diverse instead of too focused on a particular area of specialization.
Another significant component you should think about is the clinical training experience. This is your hands-on training, and this is where you are able to interact with real patients and put your knowledge to use. Some schoolsapply significantly more time on your actual laboratory experiencewhen compared to the other schools. In situations where your school is not spending large amounts of time with clinical instructing, make sure that you ask why.
Another thing to think about is the class size. The size of your class may varyconsiderably from school to school. Make sure that you find out the class sizes at all of schools you are considering. Bear in mind, the smaller the class size , the more one-on-one teaching you will get with your teachers.
Taking Occupational Therapy Classes Online may not work for every student. Yet, for many people online courses can alleviate some of the burdens of being a full time student. Work and loved ones tend to be driven aside as students pursue their schooling and online classes may offer some flexibility to a busy life.
The final factor that you have to look into prior to selecting an Occupational Therapy School is the rate of the schools you are considering. Be sure you find out how many trainees finish the program, what their reviews were , and just how many of them have gone to become OTA’s.
Suggested Occupational Therapy Schools in Rialto, CA
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Military Families & Culture
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP-Accredited)-General Program
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Career Counseling
- And more...
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Grief and Bereavement
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with an Emphasis in Family Dynamics
- And more...
- Founded in 1949 as a private, accredited, nondenominational Christian university located in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Its student-faculty ratio is 16:1 and 33.9% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Encourages students to find their purpose in Christ, with an emphasis on applying Christian values and ethics to the workplace.
- Provides Student Success Webinars where tutors provide tips and tricks to help make college a little easier.
- Offers programs in business, psychology, theology, engineering, communications, and more.
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Christian Ministry
- M.S. in Mental Health and Wellness with Emphasis in Community Mental Health Administration
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Philosophy: Counselor Education and Supervision
- MA in Professional Counseling - 60 Hour
- And more...
Back to School Scholarship Available to All New Students Until October 22nd.
Since 1996, Southern California Health Institute has been dedicated and committed to helping students achieve their dreams by providing an exceptional education that enables them to become skilled and successful manual therapists. We have graduated over 1,500 students who are now a part of a larger community of wellness and healthcare.
- Physical Therapy Aide/Sports Rehab Program
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Health Psychology - PhD of Psychology
- Health Psychology - MA in Psychology
- Master of Science in Health Psychology
What to Expect in OTA School
Typically the course work is approximately 24 months, with the first year beingpredominantly class-room training and with the second year spent doinghands on learning in a medical facility or private care practice. Some of the course work a student will be required to take includes pediatrics , gerontology,healthcare jargon , and physical rehabilitation. All States that require licensure simplycall for a two year degree. A Bachelor’s Degree shall be needed if you plan on becoming a full Occupational Therapist, but you will find that most Occupational Therapistbegan their careers as Assistants and achieved their Bachelor’s Degrees some time later.
Licensing Information and facts
Following graduation, those ready to get started on their careers need tobecome certified as an OTA. Every State has its own guidelines and regulations that will be governed by an occupational therapy board, with some being private while others are run by the State exclusively. In California, licensure is handled by the Board of Occupational Therapy. Although every State is unique, there are a number of requirements that happen to be common among the majority of themand include the following.
A person seeking an occupational therapy assistant license has to be a U.S. citizen, must have a social security number and is required to have taken and completed appropriate college course work and also taken and passed the NBCOT exam.
Each State requires a federal background check , however convictions are not always automatic grounds for dismissal. Several States may consider processing an occupational therapist license if a written affidavit is turned in to explain the circumstances of the conviction. Additional factors including time period and nature of the offense may be evaluatedand be taken into consideration to grant licensure .
Each State will provide an Occupational Therapy Assistant licensure kit that will includenumerous forms to submit. You should not purchase these forms from a third party because they can be accessed online from many legitimate sites . It is recommended to take a very detailed look through theforms before trying to complete them. There may be official transcriptsnecessary ; notarized signatures and several States will need you to complete a fingerprint card that can be completed at a local police station.
Workplace for Occupational Therapy Assistants
An OTA will work with an assortment of patients who have needsthat will be completely different than from the previous patient . You might be working in an outpatient clinic with children who have food or texture aversions or maybe a hospital rehabilitation center working with a middle age man with psychological and mental struggles . Even though an occupational therapy assistant possesses numerous job skills , a couple of the basics like following direction , keeping up to date with the most recent techniques and implementing and applying the available technologies are extremely important. Finally, a COTA should be reasonably physically fit, as you will encounterplenty of instances of transferring patients around, for example from a bed to a wheel chair.
If this sounds like the career for you, then take a few minutes and fill out the search form at the top of this page. You will be shown a list of training programs near Rialto, CA that offer Occupational Therapy Assistant training. Request information from as many schools as you’d like, and good luck in your future career!
Occupational Therapy Schools in Rialto, CA reviewed by Kevin TORRES on June 9.
Terrific Source of Info
Thank You for creating such an informative website. I was able to find more info about the various schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’m now ready to start my training and can’t wait to become an Occupational Therapist.